Saturday, January 30, 2010

Well Why Break a Record

It turns out that I did not work a five day work week during the entire month of January. Thursday, by the time I got home I had developed a case of whatever it was that Kristi and Pearce had been suffering. Let's just leave it at it was not pretty. Well, Friday I didn't wake up until around 8. Didn't get out of bed until around 9 or 10 and promptly fell asleep on the couch. Thank the Good Lord for nurse Nana. I'm glad they live so close. I have no idea how people without family can deal with situations like everyone in the house being ill. (one being in diapers still).
Well, of course I had to try and work in the yard this morning (Saturday). Yeh, my mind is slow to read my body sometimes. Didn't get much done but feel ill again and oh, yeh; broke my shovel shaft. No not the handle, the shaft that wraps around the handle. HEY, just channeling Dad.
Now, the soccer season starts in earnest on Monday with the first day of tryouts. Wish me luck. I have to pare a list of roughly 50-60 boys down to 25 in three days. Oh, the joy.

No comments: