Monday, May 05, 2008

Life's a Bit Stringy These Days

I don't know if I told y'all about my trip to the luthier's. That is the folks that make and repair string instruments. The first words out of the fella's mouth were does someone actually play that thing. Of course I said "I do" Well, he said it would need a new bridge (not a surprise). The thing bends like a shepherds crook. Kristi just told me that I have told you about this so I'll stop. (see March 28)

Well, anyhoo. I am just begining to practice again. (I still haven't gotten the bridge or fingerboard done.) I am going to try to take it seriously this time. I am spending plenty of time on the scales. I am also working through Rosenmuller Studentmusic. It's not very technical but it gives me a work out. Once I get used to an hour at a time I'll move on to more tougher stuff.

I am looking at the Diran Alexanian Cello Technique. Its an interesting read and alot of work. Off I go.

No comments: