Friday, May 09, 2008

FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, there are ten more school days to go. We are almost done. I cannot wait. Running head long into the unknown is definitely a way to learn how much faith one has.

On to much more fun things. We are at P-27 and counting. The anticipation is killing me and I think Kristi is a little more ready than I am. She had a shower at work tonight. I can't wait to see what the little guy hauled in this time.

I have been much better about the practicing of late. (for all of a week) I worked on a couple of scales and then worked on Telemann's Sonata #1 in G major. I like that one. Actually all of the sonatas in that collection are less intimidating for me than the Bach Cello Suites. They are easier.

Speaking of easier. I have found something the doesn't inspire me at all. Daniel Demoivre Suite 1 C major. It is a solo cello thing but it is not technically challenging at all. We'll just have to see how that collection goes. I feel that they may be some of the first pieces Pearce may learn.

Back to the Telemann piece. I have made it through the Vivace. I have all the notes down. Now, I just need to make them sound as well as I can with my poor cello. Most of my mangling tonight came from being tired and my arms and fingers being out of shape. The strength is coming back and endurance grows. I wish Randy were nearer or I lived in Rome where I could get some decent accompaniment. Either/Or will come to pass soon enough.

No comments: