Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day

What a day. I got up around 6 this morning and got the Christ candle ready to light. There wasn't a holder for one taper so I hunted one up. I used an old cup from a bottom bracket I removed from a bicycle. That candle fit right in there. We lit the candle and had breakfast in the Christmas Room and enjoyed the tree for a little while. Then I got my shower and we got the car loaded up for the ride to Mom and Dad's.

We had breakfast at Suzy and Sam's and opened presents. Everyone enjoyed the time together. We even had a fire in the fireplace. (I don't have a real one of those at the moment)

After the food and presents Kristi and I went to Mom and Dad's to hang out and nap. Randy and I got the fire started in their fireplace. Mom got a good laugh making references to us being like a presbyterian horse(something to do with a camel). Anyway, the fire went roaring on its way. I racked up, well, we both racked up a few more presents before we left the folks house.

Last of all we had Christmas Dinner at Becky's. Turkey, of course, my favorite oyster dressing, olives, cranberry mold, sweet potato sufflet, dressing, mashed potatoes, pecan pie, apple pie, mincemeat pie, pumpkin pie, and brownie along the lines of my grooms cake (made by Kennedy), and asparagus. We all partook in verying states of gluttony. Then we opened more presents. At last Becky took Kristi and I for a ride in her Christmas present. Actually I forgot my computer and we had to deliver Dad's Christmas present from Jody to M&D's. She has a really cool car. It won the Dakar Rally 13 running. The day is over and I must retire to the sleeping chambers.

No comments: