Monday, November 12, 2007

Oh, Good Lord In Heaven Be Praised

I have found heaven in Calhoun. Dub's BBQ rocks. They like to say that they are the only restaraunt in town that doesn't need a sign. It ain't bragging if it's true. I liked it that we finally went somewhere that K was recognised (and not as my wife) first. We walked in and K's cousins W and H work there.

The ribs were to die for. It's a good thing Slope's is so far away (no side by side comparisons will happen). I like Dub's sauce its got a nice tang to it. They have the best fried pickle spears in town (I know that's not saying alot). Stew stands up to anything I've had in a while. It's kind of on the same line as Dad's and Slope's. They have beef and beer. Next week or this week I will try the BBQ. First I think I will go for the pork. Then, I'll try the beef. Finally, I may or may not try the chicken.

The banana pudding... there are no words.

The interior is rough hewn pine with home made booths. There aren't any free standing tables but that is alright. The people are awesome (not to mention related to me). The hostess led us to our booth with a baby in her arms. Just getting there we had to look for a place to park.

We've arranged to take the folks out this week for Dub's and we'll think of an excuse for the week after. Yes, it is Thanksgiving but that don't matter. BBQ over all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best BBQ I have ever had. Anywhere. Ever. I always get the ribs or the pulled pork. The french fries are the best you ever had on the planet. Sides are awesome. I can't speak highly enough of these folks. I drive 90 minutes each way to eat there. Atlanta is closer. That's saying something.