Friday, November 30, 2007

Adventageous

Tis the season to begin our celebration of Advent. Sunday is the first day of Advent. We celebrate at home by reading from devotionals and the Bible and lighting the candles of the Advent Wreath.

This brings back many memories from childhood. I remember everyone gather around the coffee table in the livingroom to read the story and light the candles. The number always varied because by the time I really got to remembering things folks had started heading off to college. Anyway, we would gather in the livingroom with the lights off and the previous week's candles lit to read by.

My favorite part of the Advent celebrations was Dad reading the story. The book he read from was really cool. It is a good story and the pictures were awesome cut paper deals. I've now made a powerpoint slide show that I'll use next year with my little ones.

No comments: