Wednesday, November 09, 2011

I Love Brazil

... or at least my interpretation of this awesome Brazilian dish. Black Bean Stew is wonderful. The way I made it I put a pound of bacon, a pound of chorizo, 3 cans of black beans, a big can of Martha Holmes collards (shameless plug, I love MH greens), 32 oz. of chicken stock, one honking onion that'll make you cry to look at it and at least 4 cloves of garlic.
Now, with all these things in hand you chop and brown the onion, and mash one can of beans with a fork. Then, you remove that and toss in the cut up bacon and crisp it (about 7 min). Remove that, put in the chorizo. I decided tonight that I like the real Mexican stuff. I cut off the ends and just squirt it in the pot. After that, you put it all (including stock and garlic) but the greens in and bring it to a boil. When you reduce it to a simmer you put the greens in. After about 15-30 minutes of simmering your ready to go.
Did I tell you how much I like this receipt.

Andrew Elkins

No comments: