Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Great Place to Get a Dog


I was just down at the bike shop talking to Mike and ordering a new front wheel. It was lunch time and I saw something "new" (I haven't been downtown in a month or so).

What I saw is Pastimes, a hotdog shop. I fell in love with the place just walking in the door. The music is Hank Williams, Elvis, Big Band and more from those eras. The decor is everything from the twenties to today. There's a crank telephone on the wall just down from a neon sign.
They have displays of Roman writers and photographers. They also do radio forums from the store. During the state football championship season they had former team members of state championship teams from the area in answering questions. On February 19 Pastimes will be holding a radio forum on the history of Rome and the area.
Seriously, though, the dogs are what it's about. I had a Vienna dog on a poppyseed bun with salsa and guacamole. Awesome! They do 'em Chicago style, Chili dogs, any way you want it. They even have Keurig so you can make whatever coffee, tea, chocolate, or cider you care to have.
When in Rome... stop by Pastimes!

No comments: