Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Morning

Well, the day did get started in a good Christmas style. I got up at 6:30, went and turned on the Christmas Tree. Then I moved the Advent Wreath to the dining table so we could light the candles undistracted by the toys. We used Pearce's Bible (we've used it throughout the season) for the lesson.

Only difference this time was Pearce wouldn't read with me. He has been parroting every word I say during the Advent readings. Pearce wouldn't even sing Happy Birthday to Jesus. I do believe he wanted to get to the toys. Especially a certain space ranger.

Well, Santa was all that Pearce had eyes for (and Nana). Buzz Lightyear and the Weeble Wobbles were pretty much all he cared about at first. As we opened more presents for him and showed him his stocking he still went right back to Buzz.

Half way through the gifting we noticed a little something white falling from the sky. It kept on falling and falling. Then we got a call from Calhoun saying that the youngest nephew was sporting a fever of 102+. Alternate Christmas dinner plans were resorted to. Have you ever seen A Christmas Story (fa ra ra ra ra...)

Nana and Regina headed for Calhoun to represent at Christmas Dinner and deliver presents to the Holland children. The snow is still falling. I forgot to mention that I got a calendar from Tang's Garden.

Well, I might have forgotten something but maybe Kristi will fill in details through the comments. Pearce is now sitting in front of the tv with Buzz watching Toy Story (with Jessie)

1 comment:

Connie said...

one of my most favorite movies.. watched it Christmas day... fa ra ra ra. ra ra ra ra... LOL.. you'll shoot your eye out!

sounds wonderful

Connie