Friday, June 05, 2009

1 Fish, 2 Fish

I guess it is about time that I talked about fish and fishing in a blog titled Swordfish and Tuna. J got a hold of me earlier in the week and invited me down to go fishing. I got permission and was there with bells on. We got to Jones Bridge Park and this is what we saw.

So, we decided to hit some ponds around Roswell. The first was the pond at Island Ford off Roberts Rd. There I had success. Minor though it was I did actually catch something other than weeds and trees on the other end of my rod. There is the first little guy (it was suggested that I didn't include my hand and he would have looked larger, oh well). No matter how small they are I take a picture so I have a record of the catch (it also keeps me honest, sorta).

Next we have this even smaller specimen. They were small but I was fishing, and I haven't been doing alot of that recently. I have the time now for a few weeks (ok two months) so I am going to get some practice in so my casting is not so ugly.

This is the view at the pond where I didn't catch a thing. This is the pond at Leita Thompson Park off 92 headed towards Woodstock. J caught 3 or 4 here, but me, I was full of Slopes' and my cast was getting progressively worse. I had hits and nibbles, but either the buggers were as full as I was or weren't interested in my fly choice. They followed my flys around and, well, nibbled. Then I started catching pine trees. After the second lost fly I decided to watch J cast.

All in all it was a good day on the water. I caught a few fish (size doesn't matter when it is a matter of getting skunked or not) and I got to hang out with J for a while. It doesn't hurt that I was interduced to fly fishing for bass today either. I shall now hunt down ponds as well as streams to fish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lurn too spel