Wednesday, November 05, 2008

At Last

I hope Obama realizes he has a responsibility that no other president since Washington has had. He will have to set precedents in his appointments. Will he maintain the current method of choosing or will he set new and different criteria. Many are afraid of what will "happen". Many are ecstatic that he is the President-elect. Some just expect him to be the President and don't think his ethnicity is all that important to how he runs the country. It will most definitely inform the decisions and the way he makes his decisions. The same as my ethnicity informs everything I do.

I have no idea how good or bad a President Obama will be. I do expect him to be better than Bush II. I expect a whole lot from the man. I expect him to have an empathy for others (within and without the country) no president has ever had before. I expect him to make sure his decisions benefit the people he wants to help.

The precedent I hope he will set is that business will be conducted in the usuall manner.

No comments: