Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I Have No Idea

8.22 Well, the experiment went bust. Il forno only makes it to 1550 (good to know), glass used has low COE, and the mold broke in to a bunch of pieces. The glass melted enough to form a column from the pot to the mold. Kind of pathetic looking really. The pot is in excellent condition. I need to see if the glass is fused to it. I really haven't taken any time to look everything over yet. Just noticed the obvious. Later.

11.18 The pot was in excellent condition though useless with a six pack of Miller High Life and a bottle of salsa fused to it. That process won't be repeated until I have access to a better furnace and I figure out why the mold broke. Oh by the way I could go into diabetic shock from all the little bitty cheesecakes I found in the teacher's lounge about half an hour ago. Sometimes there are good things about being a teacher. Tomorrow I'll be returning to the time tested practices of actually placing the glass in the mold and heating it. So old fashioned. I may even put some pictures up to show my ineptitude.

No comments: